Samsung HL-T6187S Projection LED DLP Is Blue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bouies

Samsung HL-T6187S Projection LED DLP Is Blue

Postby bouies » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 am

Hello,

Thanks in advance to those who offer some help.

I own a Samsung HL-T6187S Projection LED DLP that I purchased in December 2007. Two days ago I was watching the TV and switched from my Direct TV input to my DVD Recorder Input and the screen made a green flash and since then the picture has been a mostly blue with some green in it. I get no reds, oranges, things that are supposed to regular green appear almost yellow.

Things shot in Black & White appear fine, My direct TV Screen Saver appears fine. There are no issues with pixels, plaid patterns or any of those sort of issues.

I unplugged the TV....did nothing to correct the problem, I swapped out HDMI Cables....did nothing. I took the HDMI from the back of my receiver and plugged it directly into the TV, still no luck.

Prior to this, I have had no issues with this TV at all. I keep all my AV equipment plugged into a Belkin Clean Power Protector and I keep that plugged into a Belkin Battery Backup so that in the event of a power outage I can shut off everything safely.

Now to my questions:
1: has anyone ever dealt with this sort of thing on this or a similar TV? If so, what was wrong with it?

2: Do these TV's have color wheels or not? I cannot seem to get a clear answer on this.

3: Based on what I have shared, what do you suppose this might be?

4: What part or parts do you think might repair this?

5: How difficult a repair is this and what is a "you are not getting raped" fair and reasonable price for such a repair?

6: Does it make more sense to buy the parts myself ? If so from where would you suggest? Or does it make more sense to let the tech supply the labor and the parts?

7: Would I be insane to try to repair this myself (I tend to think, yes.)

I know I am asking for a great deal of help here, but much like Obi Wan, you might be my last hope.

Thank you.
As Blue over my TV's sickness as it's screen.

marz

Re: Samsung HL-T6187S Projection LED DLP Is Blue

Postby marz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:18 pm

I have the same exact problem with my hl-t5687s
Did you ever get this problem fixed? Wish someone would have replied to your problem here.
Thanks

Return to “Samsung Discussion”