HL-R4266W shutting off and flickering

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tcslucky
Contributor
Contributor

HL-R4266W shutting off and flickering

Postby tcslucky » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:19 am

Hi everyone, I purchased my Samsung DLP HL-R4266W a little over 4 years ago. I've already had the lamp replaced once before (about 2 years ago) and I checked the lamp hours and it said 22,194h(dont think the tech reset the timer). So I'm assuming I'm due for a new lamp. However, I would like to explain the problems I'm having in case you think there's something else wrong too.

1st problem is very recent. Turn the tv on, no problem. Picture quality seems fine (maybe a little dark but not sure). After about 1 min the picture will go black but the sound stays on for about another 5 seconds then that too goes off. All 3 lights are then flashing and stay flashing until I turn on the TV again and shut it off before it goes off on its own. Everytime it goes off it seems like its a steady 1 min then off. Does this sound like a replacement lamp may be needed?

My other problem is a nuisance but I've dealt with it. Problem is, at times the screen will start flickering and if it flickers bad enough, it will trigger the set to act like its not plugged into the cable box (believe it says Check Cable Signal). Generally I notice it whenever there is a lot of white on the screen. I have no shot at watching a hockey game. I had a service agreement with Ciruit City and when I had their guy come out he said it was a problem with my Comcast. Comcast guy said it was my tv. I'm thinking it might have to do with my Component 1 output. I use to have my PS3 connected to Component 2 and the flickering used to occur until I switched it over to HDMI (no problems thereafter). Since there is only one HDMI outlet and I refuse to keep switching HDMI cords between PS3 and cable box, I'm out of options. What could be causing white on the screen to make the picture flicker when its plugged into a Component?

Thank you for reading all of that and for any info you can give me.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HL-R4266W shutting off and flickering

Postby Angel » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi tcslucky, your first problem is most probably the lamp. However you have nothing to lose if is not, since you'll need a replacement soon or later.

Your second problem (the flickering) seems to be in your analog board. Replacing it should solve the issue.

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

tcslucky
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tcslucky » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:33 pm

So I opened up the back of the TV to find out exactly what lamp I might need and when doing so I decided to try the tv with the back cover off. Rigged the switch down and the TV stayed on for at least 45 min. I actually shut it off because I had to leave. Put the cover back on, tested it and sure enough the picture went out within minutes. Is the TV overheating, that why it's shutting off? What are my options?

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:53 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

guardsman33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guardsman33 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:43 am

Referring to NEhelp comment about replacing the analog board.

Any reason to suspect the analog board over the DMD board or the chip on the boards that others have reported becomes 'unseated". Just looking to narrw down the source of my flickering issues also. I know that the flickering problem occurs in my computer graphics card when it gets full of dust and overheats.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”