HLP5063w No picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
drewdash

HLP5063w No picture

Postby drewdash » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:06 pm

The TV powers on and off with no problem. When I turn it on it clicks, the lamp light blinks a couple times, the sound comes on, then the screen flashes once or twice and just has a faint glow but no picture. No flashing lights on the front. I've replaced the bulb, the ballast, and the color wheel trying to get my picture back but with no success. I've tried HDMI, AVI, DVI, VGA, and coax connections and none will show a picture. I've left the TV on and it stays on for more than 45 min. I've searched high and low for an answer and have yet to come across my situation. Is there anything else that I should check? Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance :?

King

Re: HLP5063w No picture

Postby King » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi, any clicking or buzzing sounds? if you do it could be an issue with the ballast which is the board that powers the lamp.Do you hear buzzing or whirling sounds it could be an issue with the color wheel( which is a disc looking that creates the colors on your tv. If you dont hear any of that and tv is between 2-4 yrs it might be time to replace the lamp. you can find all this parts in here : http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... lick=48173 God bless!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”