HLS5088 Loud Grinding Sound Help???

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
clayyea
Contributor
Contributor

HLS5088 Loud Grinding Sound Help???

Postby clayyea » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:25 am

I've replaced the color wheel, the lamp fan and the lamp, but it is still making a weird noise. It's really strange it gets worse when the screen is dark. The picture sort of flashes as the sound pulses.

clayyea
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLS5088 Loud Grinding Sound Help???

Postby clayyea » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 am

What are the chances the replacement color wheel was bad? I put the old one back in and plan on sending the new one back.

silvia
Contributor
Contributor

Postby silvia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:14 am

I'm not sure about the chances of the new color wheel being bad, but did you try spinning it by hand? When I removed my old one tonight, I spun it and heard the sound. It was less, but it was definitely that annoying sound. Maybe you could give that a try. Also www.searspartsdirect.com is the cheapest I found. There's a 10% off code out there...90055.

clayyea
Contributor
Contributor

Postby clayyea » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:56 am

The new color wheel sounds louder when i spin it than the old one. The noise I hear is like a rattle. It only happens when the screen is dark - it's really bad when there is no input and you have the black screen with the input name in the upper left hand corner. When it starts rattling the picture starts flashing. I removed the back cover and powered the TV up for a minute to see if I could locate where the sound was coming from. It seems like it is coming from the are of the color wheel, but it's really hard to tell.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”