Samsung white dot syndrome

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jeff123

Samsung white dot syndrome

Postby jeff123 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:09 am

3 year old Samsung dlp model HL-S4676S. A few weeks ago a couple of white dots appeared on screen, within a week that grew to ten. the dots are now accelerating their proliferation and we are up to 50 or so at the moment. I reading some posts on another site a reply, with the link to this site via the avatar, it seems the dmd chip may be the culprit. The description is the chip contains a multitude of mirrors that change positions. Is this a dust related problem that can be cleaned? Or is it a very small electronic chip that can be replaced? Or is this a chip that is intregal with an associated board that can be replaced? If so where can I purchase the necessary part (s) and any installation instructions. My skill level is advanced mechanical but basic testing and no theory. 6 months ago I repaired my daughters LG tv, had a common problem with substandard capacitors on the power board that I replaced the two caps that breached and sprayed the interior of the cabinet. Any help would be appreciated. thanks :!:

silvia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung white dot syndrome

Postby silvia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 am

Just wondering what size and how white the dots were. I'm getting a barely visible light spot on mine after replacing the lamp AND the color wheel.

jeff123

Postby jeff123 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 am

The dots appear as faint blue white and turn bright after an hour or two. The light is the same slightly blue light as you see looking through the rear vent by the lamp door, size is slightly larger than a pen tip. now the tv is starting to hum as well, while watching.

silvia
Contributor
Contributor

Postby silvia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:09 pm

My spot is circular and really only visible on the dark screen...like a light shadow. They're about 3 inches in diameter...driving me crazy! The lamp and the color wheel are new.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”