HL-R5678W Digital Board or DMD??

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jtskinz

HL-R5678W Digital Board or DMD??

Postby jtskinz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:26 am

I have a Samsung HL-R5678W that is stressing me out. Of course I am 2 months past my extended warranty
Every once in a while (maybe once a month) I would turn on the TV to have no display - black screen with audio. Normally, I could power it OFF and ON to correct it (no blinking lights). More recently, my colors have been acting up. One day I turn on the TV and everything is green in color. Turning it OFF and ON had no effect. I unplugged the TV from my UPS and plugged it directly in the wall, just for fun. No change - GREEN picture. After leaving it OFF most of the day it came on fine later that evening. (see attachment - tv_green.jpg)

After this no problems for about a week. Then one morning I turn on the TV and noticed the colors where not right. It seemed to be missing RED? Also, there are bands or bars in the picture, not to mention some chunky blocks. (see attachment - tv.jpg & tv2.jpg)

Since I am seeing color problems right away I am thinking "Color Wheel", then I read where bands could point to the "DMB" but, I have also read "Digital Board"? I don't hear any strange noises coming from the unit, nor do I get any blinking lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did read about the "solder reflow" from another forum and that may be a good place to start since it is only $40!! Thanks ~ Jason
Attachments
tv.jpg
tv.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
tv2.jpg
tv2.jpg (80.15 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
tv_green.jpg
tv_green.jpg (119.31 KiB) Viewed 3140 times

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HL-R5678W Digital Board or DMD??

Postby Jason1976 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:13 am

you may want to ask this question on cnet forums since samsung techs reply to questions on that forum. http://forums.cnet.com/samsung-forum/

Return to “Samsung Discussion”