Samsung dlp black screen with audio

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
texasspirit16

Samsung dlp black screen with audio

Postby texasspirit16 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 pm

I have a HL-P5063w and my picture goes black after a minute or two but the sound is still on. The remote does not work. I have to unplug the TV. The odd thing is if I set the source to something other than TV ( i.e. dvd input or pc input ) the picture works.

I found this same problem from someone on the old forum but did not see the answer :

Jacob says:

February 22, 2009 at 9:16 pm
Samsung DLP 52″ is doing the same thing that joe’s and ray’s was doing. Picture freezes and then goes black. Does not allow you to turn tv off or switch to another source while it is turned black or frozen. I unplug it for a while and then it works fine for a while. ( A day or two at the most). Have a pc hooked up to it and it works fine, even while it is freezing up on component or hdmi (have satellite on comp. 2 and ps3 on hdmi comp.) I find that very odd. Please someone help me figure out what’s going on.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Samsung dlp black screen with audio

Postby Jason1976 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm

it's ether the digital or antalog board.

texasspirit16

Re: Samsung dlp black screen with audio

Postby texasspirit16 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:10 am

ok, now it goes black on both the dvd player ( source 1 ) and on catv. Both still have sound and no functions on the remote work. The light in the back panel goes out also. I have replaced the audio board ( bad advice from another lol ). So do you still think it's the digital board?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”