HLR5667 Turns itself off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Deacon
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5667 Turns itself off

Postby Deacon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 pm

I really apologize if this has been asked. I've done a couple of searches and didn't see anything that was exactly what I'm seeing with my TV.

Recently I can turn the TV on and it works fine for awhile. (time varies).
Then it will simply turn itself off with the descending tone just like somebody walked over and pushed the button.
I can turn it back on and it works fine, for awhile.

Sometimes it'll play hours, then just turn itself off.
Then I can turn it back on and it will play fine, sometimes until I turn it off.
Or it will shut down again after a few minutes.

Any suggestions?
On power up I the "Lamp" blinks a few times just as it should.

ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLR5667 Turns itself off

Postby ankit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:42 am

Hello Deacon,

Are you hearing any humming noises when the TV shuts off?? Try cleaning out the dust inside, which sometimes creates problem and see if it works.

As with the current information, the most likely problem seems like a lamp issue. How long have you had this lamp running?? The lamp contains mercury which dissipate over time. So in the layman terms, when you turn on the lamp it can not maintain the current as there is not enough power to maintain the ignite. Slowly you might notice that it will start turning off early.

Let us know the above information so that we can help to find a possible right solution.

Deacon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Deacon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks for the replay.
I did just what you stated.
Turned the TV around and vacuumed.

I'm not hearing any humming noise when it shuts off.
However, I turned it on about an hour and half ago and it's still playing.
That's what's so weird. It shuts off as though I've walked over and pushed the power button.

As for how long? I've had it since Dec 2005 so I know that the bulb is likely ready to go.
I tried the online help at discount-merchant.com and the tech there states that it's likely one of the "boards".
But we'll see...............

ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ankit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm

That's strange the reply you got.

Anyways, I would recommend to change your lamp based on the information you provided. Per my understanding, here is how things are working with your Samsung HLR5667 TV.

I presume that your tv lamp does not have enough mercury left and the lamp ballast (which provides the power to the lamp) is pushing more current to utilize the remaining mercury in order to ignite the lamp. When the lamp heats up, it becomes difficult to maintain that ignition level. Note: this may also cause lamp ballast to go bad too.

In either case you still need a lamp pretty soon, so its a safe bet to replace now and check to see if it works. And now you have get great offers on original on Discount-Merchant.com. Here is a link for the same:

Just a word of caution, use only original lamp replacement only. The original lamp replacement for Samsung HLR5667 TV is PHILIPS which comes with your television from manufacturer too. Using generic lamp causes other TV parts go bad too.

Deacon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Deacon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Ok, so here we go!
I did a cleaning on back of the TV and everything worked fine for a week.
On Sunday the screen went black but there was still sound. When the TV shut off all three lights on the circular button were flashing.
Which in my mind was a good thing, because now I have something to work with.
Per the manual I need to start with the Light. No problem.
But now I need to purchase one and here's the concern. I can order one from Amazon for around 110$ from Discount DLP TV Lamps.
Or I can have a local TV Place order one for 200$. Now this may sound simply enough but I'm very puzzled at the difference in prices.

The Amazon deal has free shipping and a 6 month warrenty and it states that it is a brand new Samsung part. Has anyone ever bought one from this seller? And do they cover the lamp if it's broken in transit?
Looking for suggestions. Your guidance is most appreciated.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello Deacon.
In my very personal opinion, when I am looking for a place to buy a new lamp I recommend you look in a website that not only has a good price, but also that they have pictures of the product they are selling, high quality products (Philips lamps). Before deciding on one e-shop, try giving them a call, its good to know that you have people behind a website rather then just a email notice. Once on the phone, ask them about there warranty, return policies, and promotions (if there are any available). As for where I buy my lamps: I recommend you buy at http://www.discount-merchant.com/
Haven’t had any problems with them yet, unlike others I’ve had to dell with.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”