anyone ever successfully lube there Color Wheel?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
freshmoney85

anyone ever successfully lube there Color Wheel?

Postby freshmoney85 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm

And the loud buzzing noise stopped.....Samsung Hl-p61633 I just bought one and i was told the color wheel is bad or going bad.. but when i got home and plugged the tv in the set worked fine. i was shocked the picture is great and very clear. When i unplugged the set and moved it to the right spot and turned it on the found out the problem. The color wheel is making a loud buzzing sound. i turned the set off and turn it on again. It was still buzzing loud but had great picture. I turned it off and waited 5-10 mins and turn it on again. This time the buzzing stopped. I watched the tv for about 1-2 hours and i had the bright idea to adjust the tv on the shelf . When i touched the tv and moved it the buzzing started again. So i turned it off and waited 5-10mins again and it is working now with no buzzing. I will replace the color wheel eventually but i want to see if i can buy my self a couple of months on buying the part. Thank you for your help

JohnnyG

Re: anyone ever successfully lube there Color Wheel?

Postby JohnnyG » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

I had the same problem, cleaned the wheel with contact cleaner, worked great.
My set is a Samsung HLP6163WX/XAA and I replaced the lamp but the set will shut off in 20 min, can turn it right back on but in 20 min it shuts off again. No blinking lights, just a steddy light Standby/Temp, can you help me?
Johnny

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: anyone ever successfully lube there Color Wheel?

Postby Jason1976 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 pm

It may help. but not sure. I just lubed the fan in my laptop today. it was makeing funky sounds. I tried to buy a new fan but couldn't find one so I took the fan out and used wd40 on it and then moved it my hand to help work it in. then I set it in the sun to let it dry. now my lamp fan works and it sounds normal. I would of rather replaced it to be on the safe side but I will see how long the wd40 will last.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”