Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
JohnnyR
Contributor
Contributor

Color Wheel

Postby JohnnyR » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA

I replaced the color wheel because of the grinding. Install went well, powered up and and got a blurry picture. I researched the problem and came up with that I needed to remove a jumper on the DMD board. But no jumper is installed. So I decided to put one on. Same blurry picture, but then the t.v. turned off after about 5 seconds. I removed the jumper, disconnected power, turned it back on, got the same result. T.V. comes on with a blurry picture and cuts off after about 3-5 seconds. The colors seem ed to be good when I had it on the first time. Can anyone help me please?

JohnnyR
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Color Wheel

Postby JohnnyR » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:48 am

update, I still have a blurry picture, but I realized the T.V. was cutting off because of the back cover. I spoke to a few repairman and samsung tech support. NO one is really eager to help me because I changed the part on my own. Still looking for any help from anyone here. Please! Thanks!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Hello JohnnyR.
Ok, from the sound of things it’s got to be related to the color wheel.
My first suspicion is that the blurry image might be caused by a dirty color wheel; did you touch it with your fingers? There might be something interfering with the light going trough the wheel. Another question is, did you order the correct part number? Dose it look the same as the one you took out?
My suggestion is that you try looking at the color wheel more carefully, obviously its not defective, other wise the tv wouldn’t turn on, and its not another component since the tv turns on.
If you see nothing wrong with the wheel then there might be something blurring up the image in the light engine.
Keep me posted for any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

JohnnyR
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JohnnyR » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you for trying. I crossed checked the part number with several different companies, it seemed to be correct. I didn't touch anything that I know of, I'm pretty careful with things like that. Anyway, after pulling some hair out and getting tired of not having my t.v. I called a repairman. He couldn't figure out what I could have done, he said the color wheel would have nothing to do with the clarity of the picture. So he changed the focus to compensate for whatever happened. He changed it a significant amount. I couldn't of possibly done that by accident. T.v. looks good now, I don't think it looks as good as it used to, but I can live with it. So here's the kicker, He charged me $250! for an hour work, no parts. Insane! I talked him down to $200 because I gave him cash. That's ridiculous. I can't imagine what he would of charged me to change the color wheel. Oh well, at least I have a t.v. now. Thanks again for trying to help!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”