Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Manuel
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5067WX/XAA wont turn on

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing ok. I have a Samsung HLR5067WX/XAA, a few day ago I was playing xbox and notice sometimes my TV had this wide blue line crossing the screen from top to bottom, it was doing that for a few days. Later on the week I was playing again and heard a noise like something broke and the screen started to flicker and there was no color. I immediately turn my xbox off then the TV, wait a few hours to turn it back on and all I hear is this buzzing sound, "zzuummmm" and a clicking sound like when you start you tv, after a few minutes the buzzing sound stops and the 3 light start flasing, timer, lamp and standby.

any guess? I just dont want to buy parts that are no damage. thank you very much!

Manuel
Caguas, P.R.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLR5067WX/XAA wont turn on

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Hello Manuel.
The first thing that come to mind when you hear a buzzing or humming sound is a defective color wheel, especially when it sounded like something broke. My first recommendation is to inspect the color wheel physically, if its shattered then that would be the reason for your tv failure.
How ever the clicking sound is another thing. If it only makes one clicking noise, then its perfectly normal. If it makes a constant clicking then it might also be the lamp ballast.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Manuel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks for your reply,

and yes, it's just one click. Now i'll try to figure out how to check the color wheel...

:lol: thanks again

Manuel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Manuel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:24 pm

you got it NightKid! Thank you thank you, now its time to order a new one...
Attachments
ColorWheel.jpg
ColorWheel.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 7990 times

Manuel
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Manuel » Sun May 09, 2010 3:42 am

Update,

I just replace the color wheel, now I dont have that humming sound I used too before, now it just wont turn on. When i hit power the TV just make one sound like always, then the green lamp indicator starts to flash, after a while it makes the sound again like its trying to start but still no picture, after the second try all 3 lights start flashing. :( any ideas?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Hello again Manuel.
Did you install it correctly? You might want to double check both connectors, another question; did you properly close the entire back of the tv set? Did you clean the inside of your tv free from dust & mold?
Keep me posted.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”