tv wont turn on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

tv wont turn on

Postby jackblack1313 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:11 am

i was having an intermittent problem with my hl5687w dlp. for a few months now, sometimes it would not turn on, it would make a low buzzing noise for a few seconds, then all 3 lights would blink,and it shut down. but in like ten minutes it would go on. finally, one day it was just done, and would not go on. i figured the lamp, i asked around and everyone agreed. i even went to samsungs website and chatted with a tech who said the same thing. i replaced the lamp, and tried it. it tried to go on, i hear the click from the ballast, but no picture or sound. from the back, the bulb lights, but no pic. then after about 20 seconds, all 3 lights blink and it shuts down...samsung tech says i have the wrong bulb, but they are identical, and run the same wattage,and it is a Phillips bulb. ballast? board? wrong bulb? please help, im working with a 37 inch lcd on a tv tray..it sucks

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: tv wont turn on

Postby johnrot » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:54 pm

[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

Re: tv wont turn on

Postby jackblack1313 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 am

i do see the lamp light up, no picture, then it shuts down after about 20 seconds. is there a diagnostic to figure if its the light engine?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”