White lines

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dgthomas
Contributor
Contributor

White lines

Postby dgthomas » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm

I have a Samsung HLT5075SXA/XAA. My lamp recently went out. I replaced the lamp and the TV worked fine for 2 days before developing white vertical lines across the screen. The lines are a pixel in width and evenly spaced approximately 1 1/2" apart from left to right and they are completely vertical from top to bottom. The lines are visible on all channels and sources whether blue screen, menu or "dot races".

Could this be the color wheel at all? I replaced the ballast after the lamp because the TV was shutting off, but I think that was due to the shut off switch not being in the right position because we didn't properly replace the rear panel. Once I set the shut off switch to the correct position and replaced lamp cover it stays on. After replacing the ballast, the TV was on for 10-15 minutes before white lines appeared.

I also noticed the buzzing sound presumably from the color wheel upon turning the TV on. I want to replace it, but am wondering if it could be the DMD board. I've already spent almost $200 and I hate to buy the color wheel if it's the DMD board and vice versa. This is very frustrating because this TV is 3 years old and we don't watch it excessively because all the bedrooms have TVs as well.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: White lines

Postby darkart77 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Normally the DMD board causes this type of symptom.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”