need help dmd board or digital board??????????

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mgreen200
Contributor
Contributor

need help dmd board or digital board??????????

Postby mgreen200 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:56 pm

My HLR5078W DLP is on its last leg. The last two weeks it has experienced random picture lockups, pictures where the colors are primarly pink, green and purple, no picture with sound, weird green and black sawtooth patterns on screen, and weird geomentry. I replaced the lamp and cleaned the light engine last week. The picture was much improved but a couple hours later experienced same problems. You can unplug it for a bit and the problem usually goes away. I dont think its the color wheel. It looked good last week and its not that old. You can hear it spin up at power on. The problems happen a lot of the times when I am changing inputs. This morning the colors got funky after switching inputs, I checked the PIP and the colors were wacked also. I hooked my video camera to the composite inputs and they were wacked also> same for the menu screen. Does this sound like the Dmd board or the Digital board? I cannot find a new DMD board for less than $700. I have found a place that will repair it for $380 with a six month warrany. I can get a digital board for around $200. Which route should I go. I may just take her out back and put about 100 or so rounds through it.

mgreen200
Contributor
Contributor

Re: need help dmd board or digital board??????????

Postby mgreen200 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:58 am

anyone??

Return to “Samsung Discussion”