Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
yunique
Contributor
Contributor

problem with samsung hlp5063wx/xaa

Postby yunique » Mon May 03, 2010 12:33 am

Hello everyone,
I'm very impressed with the knowlede given on this site. Maybe someone can help.
I was watching tv this afternoon, and heard a loud pop, followed by a burning smell, with the picture going black. I then turned off the power cord. Few minutes later I turned it back on and heard a buzzing sound for 1 second, then the lamp light flashes a few times the stops, followed by the red standby light, then repeats the whole process. Any help would be apreciated, last hope for this tv as I am not willing to pay $500 for a technician, to the curb she might go.
Thanks Gene,

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: problem with samsung hlp5063wx/xaa

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Hello Gene.
Its sounds like a capacitor might have blown up. The first thing you might want to do is open up your TV and check the powers supply board (it’s typically a yellow big board with the biggest capacitors). If you see a defective one you can go to your local electronics store, buy an exact one and replace it with no problem, or if you don’t want to hassle you can buy a new board (just make sure its has the exact same part number). If that doesn’t fixes the problem then you might want to replace your lamp. The buzzing sound is probably an arc formed by the current that goes through the lamp & ballast.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”