Newbie question regarding service manual

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Nativesun
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie question regarding service manual

Postby Nativesun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:11 pm

I have a Samung HLP-5663wx/xaa five years old... replaced the lamp a year ago...and now my color wheel shattered during the world cup over the weekend. Read a bunch of posts and was able to remove the color wheel with no problems thanks to all of the advice out there..Thanks!

Ordered a new color wheel this morning from discount-merchant for $120 hopefully will be here in a few days!

My question is should I order a samsung service manual?, will I need this during my color wheel re-installment for any reason?Also is there any site out here I could possibly download it for free?

Thanks again!

Charlie

Nativesun
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newbie question regarding service manual

Postby Nativesun » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Color wheel arrived from DM over night as promised. After watching three you tube videos on how to replace the color wheel I was off and running. Took me about an hour to open up the back of tv and remove the old shattered color wheel and about 30-45 min to install the color wheel and put everyhting back in place. I did end up with two extra screws!

After reading several posts I was horrified that I might scratch the color wheel during installment..I did wear surgical gloves so as not to touch or leave smudges. I practiced several times with the old color wheel to get a better understanding on how to line up the color wheel correctly.

I hit the On button and the tv fired right up and the picture looks better than it ever has, even the dreaded "white glow" that has been there for three years disappeared.

I want to say thanks to everyone for all the information given in the posts on this forum...it sure made the job alot easier. If I can change a color wheel on a dlp and have it work correctly then anyone can!

Thanks again!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”