Screen Burned In? - Samsung HLT-507-6SX/XAA

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ProjectOmega
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Burned In? - Samsung HLT-507-6SX/XAA

Postby ProjectOmega » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Here's my dilemma, I'm not sure how, or why, but there are 3 black streaks running across the length of my television along with other dark intermittent specks of crud extending outward from the dark streaks. Then there are like 6 or 7 dark lines going across the screen in a fairly evenly spaced out array. The overall picture is fairly dark as well making games that are normally dark impossible to play without maxing out the in-game brightness.

I'm not sure what the issue could be, but have been looking online for problems that look similar to mine and can only assume that my light tunnel may be the culprit.

Here is a close up of the top portion of my screen.

Here is a close up of the middle portion of my screen.

Here is a close up of the lower portion of my screen.

Here is a look at my X-Box 360 starting up. The colors don't blend that well together and you can see the dark stripes running across the screen, plus the encircled I from Samsung's prompt box has permanently etched itself on my screen. Thanks Samsung.

At one point I even thought it was the plastic screen on the inside that was damaged...

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Screen Burned In? - Samsung HLT-507-6SX/XAA

Postby iamtopher34 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Have you left yourtv on withsomething paused for along time? I used to deliver tv's for ultimate electronics and this was something we hadto warn people about I never saw it but they told us that is could happen and if you put your aspect on normal with the grey bars down the side

ProjectOmega
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Screen Burned In? - Samsung HLT-507-6SX/XAA

Postby ProjectOmega » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Being a DLP, I thought that was impossible to "burn an image" on the screen like you could on CRT displays.

Edit - Upon doing some further investigating, I wondered what if the damage was done to the screen itself?

I've not taken my DLP apart yet, so if anyone has experience in this field, please feel free to lend a hand. Now from what I can tell there are perhaps a total of three screens? The final screen, a lenticular screen, and a fresnel screen... Both the fresnel and lenticular screen ship seperately (from SamsungParts.com anyway) but will the damage be obvious if it's any of these screens? Could I just clean them with a 1:1 solution of 90% alcohol and distilled water?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”