Picture looks watered down.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
m3pwrofm3

Picture looks watered down.

Postby m3pwrofm3 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey everyone,

First time poster here on the forums and had a few questions I hope you can answer. I have a Samsung DLP (don't remember the model) it's a 50inch 720p-1080i picture quality. I just replaced the bulb in the back and noticed the quality of the picture changed a little. The back ground colors are very washed out and watery looking. I tried cleaning all the dust that accumulated in the TV when replacing the old bulb with a hand vac. I have Cox cable hooked up with a HDMI cable which used to have a nice smooth look with sharp colors. I would also like to mention that I just moved apartments but didn't notice an issue until I replaced the bulb.

My first question is does anyone know why the picture would have turned so bad after replacing the bulb and second I used to have software on my computer that would walk you through setting up the pixels,color, and brightness. does anyone know where I can download that?

Thanks

Greg

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Picture looks watered down.

Postby darkart77 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Hello.
Some times, if the tv doesn't have an automatic reset on the "lamp timer" you'd have to do it manually with the original remote. menu, setting then find the lamp timer reset.

m3pwrofm3

Re: Picture looks watered down (bigger problem).

Postby m3pwrofm3 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:56 am

Good news campers, sigh... So I came home today and noticed the TV was on but with really fadded static. First I thought my girlfriend didn't turn of the TV (cable is not connected with the same remote) so I turned the TV off. Came back turned it the TV back on and the cable and no picture. the light on the bottom right blinked green for a few seconds then the tv turned off and turned back on, kinda like it rebooted itself. I was reading that if you hear clicking (which I do when the tv turns on maybe once or twice) that the balast is bad, not sure where to go from here.

Please Help!

Greg

Return to “Samsung Discussion”