Samsung HLR5067 dim "bar"; left side of screen

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
McGuire0010

Samsung HLR5067 dim "bar"; left side of screen

Postby McGuire0010 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I have an HLR5067 that has a 2 inch dim spot on the left side of the screen. It is essentially a 2 inch wide "bar" that you can still see the picture through, but is much dimmer than the rest of the picture. It runs from top to bottom (vertical) and the edge of the dim spot is a straight line. I just moved the tv from my father-in-laws house to mine and I'm wondering if the lamp may have shifted and be out of alignment? Or do I have a more serious problem? I know removing and reinstalling the lamp is not difficult, but I wanted some technical advice before I start taking things apart. Thank you in advance!

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Samsung HLR5067 dim "bar"; left side of screen

Postby ovadoggvo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm

McGuire0010,
The problem you are describing is a very common one among Samsung DLP sets. The issue is the result of a collapsing light tunnel. The dark bar will start to get bigger and bigger as time goes by. Pretty much the light tunnel looks like this [] and it is starting to collapse is looking like this: /] .. I wish I could explain it better.

The part you need is called the optical block and can be found on D-M's website here:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... ical+block

Find the one for your model or a compatible one and you should be good to go!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”