Samsung HL-R6167W Freeze/flicker problem

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Trustme4evr

Samsung HL-R6167W Freeze/flicker problem

Postby Trustme4evr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 pm

I have a Samsung HL-R6167W DLP TV that has a problem with the image freezing erratically, being out of vertical sync, and then eventually going black if left on. I can turn it off, let it cool, but when I start it up, in a short amount of time, 1-5 minutes, it starts to freeze and repeat the same problem. I have read a lot on these forums but I am not sure what to replace...DMD Board, Digital Video Board, Light Engine? I just know that short of doing the work myself, the TV is not worth the expense of having someone else repair it. Can anyone point me to the correct board that is causing the problem?

Trustme4evr

Re: Samsung HL-R6167W Freeze/flicker problem

Postby Trustme4evr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Well, to any who have the same problem, I discovered that there is also an analog video board in addition to the digital video board. We were using the componet (RGB) hookup to our receiver which is through the analog video board. I switched the hookup to an HDMI cable and problem solved. So...the analog video board seems to be at fault and lucky for me, no need to replace it since I don't need to use it.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”