Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
champa
Contributor
Contributor

HLP 4663w color wheel spin up spin down cycle

Postby champa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:10 am

Hello,

These forums are great help and I've tried most of the advice but still have issue with my TV.

I have a HLP 4663W which shut down 2 months ago due to shattered color wheel. I ordered the right part (silver one) with the assembly from the partstore and it arrive last friday after 6 week national backorder. Now when I replaced the wheel and turn on the tv, it spins for 6-8 seconds and then spins down. It goes into this cycle of spin up and spin down three times and then turns off. I've tried replacing the bulb as well but no change. When I put the broken color wheel back in, the buzzing sound is there and the wheel continues to spin... And when I put the older wheel, it spins for 25-30 seconds but cannot turn on the tv or the lamp.

So,
could it be the new color wheel or somthing I did wrong?
Could it be the ballast but the older wheel spins fine..although without lamp or turning on the tv?

any pointers will be apprecited..

thanks

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: HLP 4663w color wheel spin up spin down cycle

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:01 am

champa,
Make sure you have your color wheel in properly. The cable could be backwards! One of the CW cables can be inserted backwards without realizing it. Also, make sure you cleaned the particles of the broken color wheel completely.

Next, check to see if you are getting ~350-380V to the ballast from the power supply before the TV cycles down.

Next, try using the housing of the old color wheel and the new bare wheel... see if that makes a difference.

Again, make sure the wheel is plugged in the right way (try inverting it, as some times it seems that the cable is in the correct direction, but the looks are deceiving)... Make sure your connector for the color wheel sensor is in securely.

Make sure your tv is back together and that the lamp door is back on sercurely. It has a sensor, if it's not detecting the lamp cover door closed, your TV will not turn on.

Let us know how it goes.

champa
Contributor
Contributor

Postby champa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:40 am

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Let us know how it goes. Your next step would be to FORCE ON your ballast to see if it actually works. I have a post here somewhere with that information.

champa
Contributor
Contributor

Postby champa » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 am

Hi ovadoggvo,

The voltage is correct, between 355-365v on the ballast board.. and when I replaced the new wheel in the old housing, I couldn't even get the fan to spin... I tried couple of times but it won't spin although it seems to spin freely manually.

I don't know what else to do so I've arranged for part-store to return the wheel and send me another one.. seems like the price has not gone up from $100 to $140.. but they agreed to honour my earlier price..

Let me know if you have any other suggestions otherwise I'll report back when I receive the new wheel..

BTW, can the lamp not turning on with the old broken wheel be attributed to broken wheel not attaining the sync speed?

Thanks,

champa
Contributor
Contributor

Postby champa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 am

Hi ovadoggvo,

it seems like the problem was the new wheel which I received.. it wasn't freely spinning so wasn't able to keep up the spinning.

Just received the new wheel and and snapped it in in 15 minutes.. and everything is hunky dory...
thanks ..

Return to “Samsung Discussion”