Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dstang05
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLR-5067WAXX/XAP PROBLEMS

Postby dstang05 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 am

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum and hope I can get some help. I have recently replace lamp in hopes of getting my picture back on. I get one click when I turn the set on and I can see through the back panel that my bulb is lit, but there is a dark screen and no audio. I have a ballast on order,but the bulb is on. Grant the TV flashes the lamp light and turns off a minute or so later. I'm not hearing any other noises and checked the door access panel switch down and up. but same results. Can the ballast be bad if the is lit? I'm also not hearing any fans.
I still need to clean the dust out of the back of the set. I want to also mention I was getting some picture freeze then the TV would go black and then the picture would return, but the audio would continue through the whole process. Any ideas on
the fix would be appreciated.
Thanks
David

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Samsung HLR-5067WAXX/XAP PROBLEMS

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:07 am

David,
The problem you are describing seems to me to be a bad DMD board. The picture freezing then blacking out are normal signs of a bad DMD board. I would return that ballast because I don't think it will do you any good. Check Discount-Merchant.com to see if they have your DMD or even you light engine. They sell the whole engine for 1/2 the price that anyone else sells the DMD board alone.

Sorry about the bad news!

Good luck and keep us updated.

dstang05
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dstang05 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm

It sounds like it is just better to get the whole light engine,minus the lamp. If I replace the engine what else could it be? The only thing is you can't return it. All of the rest of the wear parts are included in the light engine that I have been reading about that are breaking on these sets and I don't want to have to replace the color wheel next or the ballast.
Has anyone order a light engine for this set from DM and how did it go. Thanks for the response.

David

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:29 pm

David,
The DMD board, digital board, and analog board are responsible for the video throughput of your TV. Your Powersupply, AUX power supply, and ballast are responsible for the current going through your TV.

The light engines from D-M are cheap and they work great. I kinda regret leting people know about them because now, I can't find the parts I need in stock!

Hehe.. But the funny thing is that I still do it (by do it, i mean recommend them to others)...

dstang05
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dstang05 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks ovadoggvo.
Are all these DMD boards all refurbs. I throght that a read that Samsung stop making these boards for the HLR5067W. I do my shopping at DM. I would also like to know exactly where is board is located. Do you have any pics and I think there are several different part numbers for these board. Do you have any install instruction? Man I'm I asking a lot or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David

Return to “Samsung Discussion”