DMD Chip Replaced Now Lamp Will Not Work

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mvlighthouse
Contributor
Contributor

DMD Chip Replaced Now Lamp Will Not Work

Postby mvlighthouse » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:35 pm

I just had a repairman come in and replace the DMD Chip on our Samsung DLP, model HL-S4266W. When he turned the TV back on, the lamp would not come on and he could not hear the Color Wheel start up. With the exception of a few white dots on the picture, everything worked fine before the repair. The strange thing was that this repair man left without much of an explanation regarding what was going on and as if he was shot out of a cannon. His only explanation was a bad color wheel. And of course he didn't have one in the truck and he would have to go back to the shop and call me back later. Any ideas regarding what is going on. Thanks for any feedback.

mvlighthouse
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DMD Chip Replaced Now Lamp Will Not Work

Postby mvlighthouse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Repair man came back and replaced the color wheel. No luck. He put the old DMD chip back in thinking that the new chip was defective. Nothing. The unit still will not power up. Is it possible the new DMD chip fried something else in the unit? I asked him if the light may have burned out after powering the unit up when the new DMD chip was installed but he said it 'looked fine.' It looks like he will send out another repairman next week to take a look at it. If he can't get it going, he will have to take the TV into the shop. He claimed to have made a similar repair several times this week with no problems so it may not be lack of technical know how on his part. Any suggestions?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”