System and picture problems Samsung DLP HLR5067W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
aybills

System and picture problems Samsung DLP HLR5067W

Postby aybills » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:50 am

I have a 3-year old Samsung DLP HLR5067WAX/XAA with various problems. First, it doesn't respond to pressing the Power button (on either the TV or remote). When I plug in the unit, the system goes through its normal self-tests/lamp comes on/and color wheel is spinning (based on sound). Picture is highly distorted and jittery, but audio seems normal. After about 15-20 seconds the picture freezes and audio goes out, then the picture goes out also. After another 5-10 seconds, the distored picture and audio come back. This cycle repeats. The TV will not respond to power button. I unplug the unit to turn it off. I tried pressing other commands on the remote (eg, MENU), but no response.

I believe I need a new main board, but I want to be as sure as possible lest I buy a main board only to have the same problem. The main board PCB is labeled: Hurricane2 L64C HLR4266W. Rev H2ANALOG V1.2 2005.04.12. Code BP4-00214C.

To get even the limited picture that I do get, I believe the lamp, ballast, and color wheel are working. I'm not sure if the DMD itself is working. The unresponsiveness of my TV might suggest that something else beyond the imagining is having problems (unless the system behavior is "normally" erratic when there's a DMD failure).

I've also taken a video showing the failure and uploaded it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvET-aAk-fc

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: System and picture problems Samsung DLP HLR506

Postby Angel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi aybills.

It seems like the problem is the DMD board. Did you try another input?
Check if the power supply has any swollen capacitors, that could cause that the TV doesn't respond to the power button.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

aybills

Re: System and picture problems Samsung DLP HLR5067W

Postby aybills » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was not able to try alternate inputs, since the TV is unresponsive to button presses. There was nothing visually wrong with any capacitors, connectors, or anything else on all the PCBs I examined (both digital and analog boards). Thanks again!

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: System and picture problems Samsung DLP HLR5067W

Postby Jason1976 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Return to “Samsung Discussion”