Samsung HLN5065W Problem - HELP!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
momtothreebeagles

Samsung HLN5065W Problem - HELP!!

Postby momtothreebeagles » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 pm

I searched through the posts here and couldn't find my exact problem addressed, so I decided to start a new post. My apologies if this issue has already been discussed. Don't want to waste anyone's time.

I bought the above-mentioned DLP from an ad on Craigslist and I think I got hosed. I paid $495 for it ... should have realized something might be amiss because he was selling it for so cheap. But I digress! Here are the problems I'm having, in order of occurrence:

1) Picture starts out fine but only remains as such for 10 minutes max.
2) Picture then has distorted colours - the people are all blue, the blues become green and the greens become pink, and so on. The picture remains this way for 20-30 minutes.
3) At some point during this time the dreaded high-pitched banshee sound happens intermittently - goes on, stops, goes on again, stops ... yada yada yada.
4) Picture then becomes kinda flashy, colours fade and is pretty much black and white. I can no longer watch at this point because it feels like torture in a North Korean prison (or at least what I imagine that torture would be like).
5) Occasionally, during all of this the TV will turn itself off and then on again.
6) I also have noticed that the rear of the TV seems to be overheating. I thought it might be too close to the wall so I moved it to the floor to give it some breathing room but this does not solve the problem.

The guy I bought it from said he had something replaced recently, but quite frankly I can't remember what he told me and I thought, "new parts? it's all good." NOT.

If anyone has any ideas about what the problem is, I would appreciate some feedback. I do have a repairman who makes house calls but I would prefer to be a bit more informed so I can speak intelligently and not get hosed a second time. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Mia

callistino

Re: Samsung HLN5065W Problem - HELP!!

Postby callistino » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Have you try factory recycling the tv with mute + 1 + 8 + 2 + power. Sometimes you need menu instead of mute.

slachammer

Re: Samsung HLN5065W Problem - HELP!!

Postby slachammer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:07 pm

color wheel?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”