TV Turns On Then Off After 15 Seconds...

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
effigy

TV Turns On Then Off After 15 Seconds...

Postby effigy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Greetings,

I have a Samsung HL-S5665W that I purchased from Costco about 2 years ago. The TV turns on but after about 15-20 seconds it turns off. The 3 lights then blink on the power button. We took the bulb in for replacement but the tech said the bulb is fine. From the info gathered on the internet, it seems it could then either be the ballast or power supply. I have ruled out overheating as it has been cleaned and we even tried a fan in the back, same result, tv turns off.

Trying to be detailed as possible: The TV turns on, great picture still, but turns off after about 15-20 seconds. 3 lights blink on the front power button. I don't seem to hear any odd new sounds aside from the general startup of the fans/colorwheel. No multiple clicking sounds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

effigy

Re: TV Turns On Then Off After 15 Seconds...

Postby effigy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm going to go ahead and take a shot at replacing the ballast. I can find the lamp number on the site BP96-01472A, but I cannot find the exact ballast part number. If someone could help direct me to the part number it would be appreciated. Thanks.

edit: I believe this is the one http://www.discount-merchant.com/produc ... 00033a.htm.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: TV Turns On Then Off After 15 Seconds...

Postby Jason1976 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:13 pm

it could be the ballast or a power supply issue. one of the other. but also a bad lamp can make this happen.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”