HLT5076s Issues, Help needed

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Greaper
Contributor
Contributor

HLT5076s Issues, Help needed

Postby Greaper » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 pm

Recently had the issue with my TV not turning on, three blinking lights. I have the extended warranty. Repair tech came out tried new lamp, did not work. They took the TV. 1 month later they returned my TV. Told me they replaced light engine, ballast and a few other parts. 15 minutes after they left TV shut off. Long story short, after TV heats up it shuts off. I check the lamp, the lamp housing is broken(badly). Entire bottom corner with nub is missing. It was definitely insereted like this, no broken pieces in TV. Another repair tech is due out next week(different repair shop). Is the lamp the problem? All internal fans are working. If I hook and external fan to the vent above the lamp, TV will work. Another present from the previous repair shop is debris on the inside of the screen, lower left corner. Is the screen easy to remove to clean the debris?

Thanks

Greaper
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLT5076s Issues, Help needed

Postby Greaper » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:54 am

Audio is fine. No strange clicking noises. A couple of more notes: I doubt that the ballast was replaced. I looked under the heatsink for the ballast and noticed dust, more that a few days worth of use. With the external fan hooked up to pull more air through the lamp chamber it will work fine for a number of hours 3-4, but it will eventually turn off. I will have to unplug it and let it cool then restart. No lights come on. With the original problem, prior to 'no picture and three blinking lights' i did hear a buzzing noise before it would shut off. I do not hear it this time.

Thanks

Greaper
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Greaper » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Something else that just happened. Last night the volume increased until it maxed out by itself. I could not lower it with the remote or button on TV. Had to unplug TV to fix. This morning the TV shut off came back on and when it came on Icould not shut it off. I think it is posessed.

Greaper
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Greaper » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:24 pm

something else that I recently noticed. Wavy lines that radiate from the lower left corner through the upper right corner. Sometimes they reverse. Very noticeable on very dark scenes. Here are my issues so far: Note: My TV was returned with a broken lamp housing.

1. TV shuts off after about 15 minutes(may be random times) If I attach and external fan to the lamp exhaust it will stay on for hours, though sometimes not. Audio is fine. There is not any clicking or whining noise.

2. When TV shuts itself off; I need to unplug it to get it to turn back on.

3. At one point the volume maxed out on its own. I could not lower it with remote or TV control buttons. I had to unplug it to get it to lower.

4. The TV shutoff came back on and I could not turn it off(happened one time).

5. Faint wavy lines radiate across the screen, lower left to upper right and vice versa.

6. notice a slight pincussion effect when watching 4:3 signal.

Any help is appreciated.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi Greaper.

Vacuum all the dust on the internal fans and air vents. Cleaning the TV should solve some of your issues (maybe all). Once you do this get back to us and tell us which symptoms still being there.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Greaper
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Greaper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Sorry, should have put this in my orignal post. I vacuumed all of the dust out, grates, fans, etc. when the orignal problem started.

brainac303

Postby brainac303 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:13 am

brainac303

Postby brainac303 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 am

Return to “Samsung Discussion”