help with the dreaded 'lamp light'

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ficklerx

help with the dreaded 'lamp light'

Postby ficklerx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:50 am

I have an HLR5067W that originally had the 'lamp light' blinking with no picture. Here is what I have attempted and results so far:

1. Remove and inspect bulb since 4+ years old. Found a hairline crack in the lens. Replaced with Samsung bulb and housing purchased for this sort of emergency. No change.

2. I was not hearing the ballast 'click' upon plugging in the unit so I replaced the ballast. No change. I have 316 V coming in from the power board. The bulb does light when plugging in the unit and this produces a faint glow on the screen. But the lamp light still flashes.

3. After hearing a faint bearing noise while the unit was powering down (only heard from behind with cover off), I inspected the fan in front of the the DMD which was ok.

4. Next on to the color wheel. The bearing was making noise when manually spun so I ordered a silver color wheel to replace the silver color wheel I had. No change.

Here is the current state. Upon plugging up the unit, with or without closing the safety switch, I can now hear the ballast click and the the lamp lights as described above in #2. The fans spin and the color wheel is now quiet. Closing the safety switch makes no difference. The lamp light will eventually stop blinking (15-20 sec) but the lamp will stay dimly lit and the fans will continue to spin as long as the unit is plugged in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: help with the dreaded 'lamp light'

Postby Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:54 pm

As you said in the other topic, the DMD board could be malfunctioning. Since this is the device that controls the color wheel, ballast and lamp to create the picture.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: help with the dreaded 'lamp light'

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:50 pm

most likely the digital board with the hdmi jack. check out the post I just put up. I found a way to fix the board without replacing it.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”