HLR5067 Wax/xaa no picture-no sound

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
JackB

HLR5067 Wax/xaa no picture-no sound

Postby JackB » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:15 am

Hopefully the combined wisdom of the forum can help.
I have a 2.5 year old HLR 5067 wax/xaa that simply that simply shut down one day and would not power back up. No picture and no sound. I replaced the lamp. Same symptoms. I replaced the ballast. Same symptoms. When the power is turned on there is the audible click of the ballast firing the lamp. I hear the whir of the color wheel an the screen lightens-maybe a shade or two. No picture and no sound. It does not continue clicking which should rule out the ballast. The color wheel appears to be spinning. The lamp was just replaced and the set is to new to be used for a planter.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HLR5067 Wax/xaa no picture-no sound

Postby Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Check your color wheel physically to be on the safe side, you can use this guide: .

Did you reset the lamp timer?, if not, follow this steps: .

Do you have the lamp door seated properly every time you try to turn the TV on? This door has a switch, so if it's not closed the TV wont turn on.

Did you replace the lamp with the correct replacement? Do the wattage of the ballast and the wattage of the lamp match? Check if the new bulb has the same specs as the old one.

Is your TV cycling (on-off-on-off...)? If not: Does it turn off immediately and stay in that state? or does it remain as if it was ON but with no audio nor video? In this second case try to display the menu.

Get back to me once you have followed these steps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

ficklerx

Postby ficklerx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 pm

I posted a very similar situation a couple of weeks ago with 40+ views and no responses.

After reviewing this and other forums, I've decided that it could be DMD board or the digital board or the analog board. It's just not worth trying that many parts that are progressively more expensive that what I have already tried. That is if you can even find the parts.

Good luck!! I will definitely follow along in case some magic cure comes along.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:48 pm

sounds like the digital board. I had the same issue. I posted a fix on the forum.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”