Cover Sensor Switch Trouble

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ryman5173
Contributor
Contributor

Cover Sensor Switch Trouble

Postby ryman5173 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 am

I have the Samsung HLP5674WX/XAA Rear Projection TV and last night the lamp went out. I did research and found out that I could replace myself. I was able to get the lamp out and afterwards decided to take the rest of the side panel off to clean the inside. When I got to the bottom of the side panel, I accidently dis-attached the cover sensor. Looking at the cover sensor microchip, I noticed 2 holes where the prongs of the switch attach. I then looked at the bottom of the switch and noticed it was held together by superglue. I then proceeded to re-glue it and reattach it to the cover. I recieved a new bulb today and installed. I closed all the panels so the cover sensor would go into affect and turned on the TV. Now I get a blinking lamp and standby/temp light. I think the sensor might be faulty now. Is there anyway to bypass?

shahsam1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cover Sensor Switch Trouble

Postby shahsam1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

Hi,
There is Detector switch which prevents powering on TV if the back cover is removed or not secured in a place. If this switch is broke off during the back cover installation, the TV will not turned on. If you can reopen the back cover and look for the dector switch. this switch has two wire white and blue and there is a number like AA41- AA47. look for this switch. Make sure it is pressed when you install the back cover on. If the switch is damaged, You can get the replacement switch from http://www.Discount-mearchant.com
Good luck :)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”