Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
benrath

Replaced bulb now overall image like a comic book

Postby benrath » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 am

Sequence of events:
- Tv working fine, no odd sounds, normal picture
- Picture went out, 3 blinking LEDs came on
- Replaced the bulb (this was the proper solution the last time the picture went out and the LEDs came on)
- The TV now turns on, but the picture quality is off. While digital menus (e.g. DVR menu) of a solid color look ok, most images have little or no clarity causing faces to look almost like a comic book finish to them. Also, all black colors (a black shirt on someone, black background etc) in the picture have multiple shades to them and no clarity.
- After the bulb replacement, the TV also will not turn off. It must be unplugged. Otherwise a series of multi-color stripes appear when all inputs have turned off and the tv remains on.

Anyone have any thoughts? The model number is Samsung HLM5065W. It's 6 years old, and I've replaced the lamp twice, so I don't think i've goofed that up.

dekerivers
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Replaced bulb now overall image like a comic book

Postby dekerivers » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 am

That sort of thing happened on mine when I replaced the color wheel........and after reading some forums in here on getting into the service menu, mine corrected when I hit the user reset and made sure the lamp setting in service menu was on correct make.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”