Blank Screen no strange noise

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
xea
Contributor
Contributor

Blank Screen no strange noise

Postby xea » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:54 am

The TV was working fine last night, try to turn it on this morning and I get a blank screen. It sounds like the normal start up no buzzing or clicking (one strong click when press power button as normal) but after a min or so of blank screen the power turns off. None of the indicator lights are blinking, I can't seem to get sound but that could be because I can't see the menu to change inputs.

I have cleaned the lamp screen and any other areas for dust, I have never gotten any of the warning messages about heat either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blank Screen no strange noise

Postby Angel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi xea.

Since you haven't any noise this problem is most probably the lamp.

Have you ever replaced it?
How old is your TV?
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

xea
Contributor
Contributor

Postby xea » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:56 pm

I have not ever replaced the lamp. The TV is about 18 months old. Could it be the lamp even if the lamp light on the front of the TV is not lit up?

Thanks for the reply.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Yes it could be. Usually the way the TV realizes that needs a new lamp is by the lamp hours meter, but if the lamp expires before the expected life span then it's probable than the TV doesn't turn the lamp led on. To be honest this is just a supposition since I don't know exactly how this "lamp expired recognition technology" works, but what I know is that 90% of the times the symptoms you described appear the problem is the lamp.

However you have nothing to lose. Even if the problem wasn't the lamp you would need it soon or later since it has a life time (which varies depending on the brand, Philips is the best, then the Osram and then some other cheaper brands).

Hope this helps.

xea
Contributor
Contributor

Postby xea » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks so much, The lamp was the problem. It was out of stock at discount merchant so I ponied up and bought elsewhere.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:59 pm

You're welcome, we're here to help 8-)

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”