HL-T4675S dead?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Gart

HL-T4675S dead?

Postby Gart » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:01 am

Hi to everybody,

Always hate to have a first time post with a problem and I did read as much as I could about this so here goes:

Model # above, recently the picture would just quit while the set was on. Sound would maybe stay on for 1 minute after the picture quit and then it would go off also. The 3 blinking lights would be on.

Power the set down and 1/2 the time it would restart, other 1/2 it would take 4-5 tries and it would be back on.

The problem became more frequent and I used the Samsung online help. The "expert" said I should replace the bulb (675 hours). I found one local (Osram) and installed it. Hit the "On" and it worked fine, good color, etc.

Shortly thereafter the problem returned (not more than 20 hours on the lamp). Now the set won't come on at all. It tries to power on (no change in screen brightness at all), you can hear the beeps as usual, you can hear the clicking (which I think indicate the ballast is working) and the color wheel spin up. The set tries to power on and then shuts down momentarily, tries to restart and this just keeps going through this cycle until it finally goes into 3 blinking lights. I have to cut the power at the surge protector to shut it down or it will be doing this for hours.

I have checked the door switch and that appears to be be working as it is supposed to.

I really don't want to put much money into this if I don't have to. To say I am disappointed by having it quit after 2 years and low hours is an understatement.

If you have any ideas they would be much appreciated before I have to call a repair service or take it in.

Thanks for a great, informative site.

Gart

riverfour
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL-T4675S dead?

Postby riverfour » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 pm

I have the same problem. I replaced the ballast (using Toshiba to Phillips change kit). The same Orsram lamp did the same, stay 1 min or so and shuts down with 3 light blinking. I believe we should use Phillips lamp (you probably need the change kit to installed) or Toshiba lamp (lamp with cover sold on samsungparts.com).

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HL-T4675S dead?

Postby Jason1976 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:19 pm

color wheel may of stopped turning. so it could be that. a bad lamp will cut out. a lamp can also make the 3 flashing lights. "I dont think it would be the dmd board. The video can go out with that but the tv stays on with sound but no video."

Return to “Samsung Discussion”