Samsung HL-S4266W Picture freeze-up

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
hainestkd

Samsung HL-S4266W Picture freeze-up

Postby hainestkd » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:12 pm

I was watching this tv and everything was fine until I changed channels. When I did change channels the picture locked up. I could not even change channels or turn the set off. After about 5 min. the set turned itself off and came back on with a picture for a couple of seconds than froze up again.

Next I unplugged the tv set and plugged it back in. It came on with picture and froze up again.
I noticed that a green light appeared on the front panel on/off manual switch that said "Lamp"

Do you think the lamp is bad or is it the color wheel? and how do you see the color wheel. Seems it is located in a pretty tight spot. Thanks in advance for the help or suggestions

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Samsung HL-S4266W Picture freeze-up

Postby Jason1976 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:30 pm

I am leaning more in the lines of a bad digital board or dmd board. also open up the tv and clean all the fans with compressed air. see if this helps. Normaly loss of control is from a bad digital board. also does this happen on all inputs. try inputs like the vga computer hookup. digital boards are known to have issues with samsungs dnie chip if the issue goes away on the vga inputs then i would say for sure it's the digital board since the vga doesn't use the dnie chip.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”