Cant figure out my problem maybe u can help

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
joohn

Cant figure out my problem maybe u can help

Postby joohn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 am

I have no idea what to call this or how to really explain it. searched the whole forum and could find any thing and googleing for days. here it goes my dlp hase two bulb like image at the top center of the tv and it looks concave or wavy is there anything i can do or is there a name for this problem or fix any help would be great thanks in advance. i can post image if it helps.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Cant figure out my problem maybe u can help

Postby Jason1976 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm

to me it sounds like the mirrors are coming loose in the light tunnel. samsung was fixing this issue for free.

“Samsung is addressing the light tunnel “border-shadow” effect that impacted a small percentage of select 2005 and 2006 model year DLP TVs. Customers who own a Samsung HLR or HLS model year DLP TV, and experience a “border-shadow” impact caused by the light tunnel, should call Samsung’s service department at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864) and arrange for an authorized service technician to perform the service repair free of charge.”

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Cant figure out my problem maybe u can help

Postby Jason1976 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 pm

well it may not really be the same issue but I think it's in your light tunnel. maybe your mirrors are sagging in the middle.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”