TV turns off by itself

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Baums
Contributor
Contributor

TV turns off by itself

Postby Baums » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 am

Hi all. Hoping somebody could help me out. I have a samsung hlt5675s DLP slim. Past few months, after we get home from work, we turn the tv on. After like a minute it turns itself off. We get 2 blinking lights. They are the temp/standby and the lamp. They blink together. We can turn it back on when they stop but it will turn off again after a few minutes. This repeats about 10-15 times then it will work the rest of the night and does not go off. Any ideas?

Baums
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TV turns off by itself

Postby Baums » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 pm

anyone?

Baums
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Baums » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:56 am

I cant believe nobody has heard of this or has a suggestion. Way too many experienced people to be blank :shock:

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Baum,
I appologize for the late reply. It may have been a better idea if you posted in an existing thread rather than creating a new one. I have trouble going from thread to thread.

Now on to the problem. The problem you have sounds to me to be an overheating issue. I would remove the back cover of your SlimLine tv and tape down the door cover switch of the lamp and power on the set. Make sure all your fans are working. Also, try putting a astandard house fan back there pointing to the lamp area to see if the set stays on any longer than usual. Finally I recommend changing the temperature sensor if all fans are working as they should be. The sensor can be found on D-M for around $20.

Let us know how it goes and we can diagnose further...

Baums
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Baums » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:34 pm

TV wiz thanks for the reply. I will def give that a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks so much

Return to “Samsung Discussion”