Samsung dlp hnl467x will not power on HELP

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
titog
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung dlp hnl467x will not power on HELP

Postby titog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 am

Hi i have a samsung dlp hnl467x and i'm trying to figure out what part is wrong, when you click the power button the green lamp light will flash 3 times and then it turn off by itself, i change the lamp and no change so i figure i have a power issue somewhere, the last time that work it make a noise like the color wheel was going out but i don't think that's my main problem any help will be appreciated and any trouble shooting ideas thanks tito :?:

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung dlp hnl467x will not power on HELP

Postby titog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 pm

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Hello titog.
Let’s see if we can trouble shoot you’re tv and get to the source of the problem. First of all you’ve replaced the lamp but you haven’t mention if you reset your lamp timer.
I suggest you try it first: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050&start=0&hilit=Loading+Factory
Second you mention a noise that might origin from the color wheel and you discarded. What kind of noise was it? When you spin it, dose it make any kind of sound? If there is a malfunction with the color wheel the tv sensors will pick up the abnormality & shut the tv off for security measures. You also say that you may have some power issues. Are you referring to the tv itself or the electric wiring on your home?
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:52 pm

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Hello again titog.
You don’t need to have the tv turn on to reset the lamp timer. I know its hard to believe that the timer can be reset with the tv shut off, but it is possible, just follow the instruction on the last like I provided, if you haven’t tried it I suggest you do it, if nothing happens then try to clean the inside of the tv from any dust & mold. Use a small vacuum & a can of compressed air. Another question is when the tv shut off, did the kids see anything wrong with the picture before it turn off?
Keep me posted for any new developments.

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 pm

hi night kid try to reset the lamp but all it will do is click on and back off, i clean the tv,let me know what i can do next thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Hello titog.
That click sounded odd, the old lamp that you replaced, was it shattered when you took it out? did it make a popping sound when it expired? If so there is a possibility that the ballast might have been damaged. You see when a lamp runs out of mercury gas, there is a good chance a small resistance in the arc gap will be formed and a high current discharge will be generated (causing the lamp to shatter), how ever remember that it is the ballast that provides the lamp with that current. The power supply board is unlikely to be the problem since it is still sending the 5 volt minimum for the green led lights on the fron of the tv to turn on. Also as a precaution, you might want to check the color wheel, while there are no indications that there is something wrong with it, see if its shattered, or try spinning it manually, see if you can hear any strange noise while its spins.
One las thing, have you closed the lamp door while trying to turn on the tv? There is a small switch that prevents the tv from turning on if it is not pressed buy the lamp door.
Good luck & keep me posted.

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:35 pm

hi yes the old lamp was shattered,i check the color wheel looks good, its spins for like 3 seconds after i pushed manually no noise, so you think the best thing is to replace the ballast and go from there, and on the door switch is closed when is not it will give the 2 blinking lights in the front, let me know and thanks again for your time and help

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:59 pm

hi replaced the ballast and it works i have 1 question when it first turn on the color wheel was screaming so i took the housing back off to check if i did something wrong could not see anything so i put back together turn the tv back on and it was still making noise but not as bad i left the tv on and after like 10 minutes the noise when away, you let it cool down and turn on again and you get the noise again, so my guess is the color wheel is about to go out,let me know thanks

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:36 am

I had issues with a 43" model an hnl437x and it ended up being bad solder joints in the power supply.

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 am

hi night kid i replaced the color wheel and the ballast and powers come on but the screen is dark and darker in the bottom half brightness 100 and not sharp do you know what could be the problem the only thing different from my other tv is when it turns on it chimes twice instead of three times like my other one does this matters, or could i have a bad ballast

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:51 pm

i need help

titog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby titog » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 am

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:23 pm

samsung fixes some of these tv's for free with the glue coming off in the light tunnels.

http://www.pause.com/index.php/how-to-g ... -for-free/

“Samsung is addressing the light tunnel “border-shadow” effect that impacted a small percentage of select 2005 and 2006 model year DLP TVs. Customers who own a Samsung HLR or HLS model year DLP TV, and experience a “border-shadow” impact caused by the light tunnel, should call Samsung’s service department at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864) and arrange for an authorized service technician to perform the service repair free of charge.”

I am not sure if your tv is one of the ones they will fix for free or not.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Hello titog.
It sounds like you’re in a tight situation, first of all I would try to call Samsung and see if they can fix it for free, if no help is provided and you want to fix it your self then brace your self.
The first thing you need is a special glue that can handle high temperatures ( 500 F or less ). The second part is actually getting the glue on the back of the mirror with out staining in any way the mirror (if you get any dirt, glue, oil, etc. on the mirror it will reflect as an imperfection on the picture). Then after you manage to apply it correctly you have to align the mirror correctly to the factory standards, other wise you’ll get a black line or other imperfections on the picture. So it’s a very delicate procedure, but possible. Any way good luck, and keep me posted on new developments.

marellano7

Please Help me with issue on my Samsung HLP 4667

Postby marellano7 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 pm

NOT SURE IF I'M PLACING THIS NEW OUTCRY FOR HELP WIHTIN FORUM.

Help Please....have a Samsung DLP HLP4667. I replaced the bulb which was dull plus I noticed loose fragments of the bulb. Once I moved and setup tv along with adding new bulb, it worked great. I do have issues with AV inputs but the components area works fine for receiving signal for cable box so I went that route. I recently had to unplug the tv b/c I bought new furntiure for room. I plugged it back on once I re-arranged the furniture but the picture won't come on anymore. I hear all normal sounds, the bulb lights up but don't get blue screen like I used to when I have no wires plugged in. I checked numerous times to make sure blue was okay. The only thing I didnt notice is the Check/Lamp Temp blinks when I turn it on. Can someone help me troubleshoot this issue. I'm hoping it's something I can fix myself.

Thanks,
Mark

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello marellano7.
The problem that you are describing can be related either a bad DMD or a bad Digital video board. See if you can bring up the TV menu, pressing that button on your remote. If you manage to see the TV menu perfectly then you can discard the DMD and focus on the Digital.board.
If the menu is a no show unfortunately you can’t discard either one, what you could do is inspect both boards for any swollen capacitors.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”